Sunday, February 26, 2006

"What?"

I've gotten the question asked me over the years ( "How are you doing?" And questions that get at the same thing)
but over the years only a handful of people have actually been interested in listening to what I have to say.
most people as soon as I start to tell them about what they asked, someone else comes up or they lose interest and wave at someone that just caught there eye, and they never get the chance to hear my answer to there question and yet they don't seem to mind to much.

I don't know whether it is a gift or a curse for me, I try to listen to what the person I'm talking with has to say even if it's about something that I have no clue what they are talking about or if I don't even like what they are talking about, but I listen to it (random venting's, out bursts of thoughts, mindless chat about things of this world, meaningful conversations...etc)
but people always come up to me and start talking, soo I listen.
I can go stand somewhere with a couple of people and soon I find myself yet again listening to the person talking.

I guess people just like to hear the sound of there voice most of the time.
cause whenever I try to voice my opinion they just keep talking.

when I was younger I had a friend who was really truly interested in how I was doing, repeatedly, not just when I was looking sad or depressed, but when I was happy he'd ask me how I was doing, and he'd listen and pay attention, and be glad that I was doing good or try to make me laugh at all the random crazy stuff that he did if i was feeling down. (Weird Al Karaoke does wonders in an empty sanctuary while everyone else is try to play hide and seek :D lol )

God has given me two ears and one mouth.
I seem to do more listening then talking all the time, but hey two over one, two is greater then one so shouldn't two have more dominance over one?
if that's the case then we should listen twice as much as we talk.
not always the case but hey people are people.

The question I get lately (that I'm perfectly fine with) and I've gotten it from quite a few people that I know (family and friends of different ages) is "did you bring your xbox?"
I mean hey at least whoever asks the question is listening to my answer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home