Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Love

What does the word really mean?
it has so many meanings it's kinda sad.
now a days we think of it as "oh he/she loves me!"
in a romantic sort of way, which is true to a point but is that really the meaning of the word?

When we read that God so "loved" the world, what do we think then... I would say that we don't think of the romantic love and that one in the same way, but I could be wrong.

So many times I myself, have cringed at the sound of "I love you"
(probably because I was thinking of the "mushy" meaning of the word, as young children do :) ) but still, now that I am beginning to understand the "Real" meaning of the word it's not mushy at all!

but it makes me sad to see others who still see love as this thing that is interchangeable from "God's love" and "Romantic love"...hmm

I think that they, are and should be, one in the same.
because Paul said "Husbands love your wives just as Christ Loves the church"

now why would Paul say that?

Let's face it our romantic idea of "love" is a pretty far downgrade from "God's love"
that's where I think we miss the mark!
that's why we see God's love and our love for other people in two different ways, when in fact this is what love really is

John 15:13
Greater love has no one than this, that one lay down his life for his friends.

1 Corinthians 13:4-8a
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
Love never fails.

that is what "Love" is

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home