Unique
Oh to be normal.
but wait, so many times I've heard it said (and I've said it myself many times before)
"Normal is boring"
So why would I want to be "Normal"
....That, I can not answer, cause even I don't know why it pops into my head sometimes.
but the fact is, the way I am is the way I am, And the way I am is the way God made me.
Unique.... I am one of a kind, extraordinary, without like or equal.
If you think of it that way it doesn't sound bad at all!
it's when you start using words like (Weird, Slow, Odd, and Freak) that things tend to get you down about yourself.
we always seem to focus on the negative side of things and not the positive, Why is that? (that's another blog in itself)
Yeah so there are things about me that I don't even understand sometimes (I wish I did, but I don't) but to think about those things as Unique traits in how I was made rather then putting them off as "Weird or Odd" makes it sound a whole lot better!
But what do we define "Normal" as???
The word Normal means: usual, average, and standard.
....What Average and who's Standard are we comparing ourselves to here?
If it's to God's Average and Standard, Hey! I want to be normal!!! Sign me up!
But....if it's to the World's, then I'll be weird, strange, odd, a freak!
God has made me the way I am for a reason. I may not know or understand that reason till He reveals it to me on earth or tells me why when I see Him at home.
But until that day, I am who I am because that's the way I was made and was made that way for a unique reason and purpose that "God has prepared for me, from before the foundation of the world."
So why would I want to be something different then what I am now?
I just get short sighted sometimes I guess.
but wait, so many times I've heard it said (and I've said it myself many times before)
"Normal is boring"
So why would I want to be "Normal"
....That, I can not answer, cause even I don't know why it pops into my head sometimes.
but the fact is, the way I am is the way I am, And the way I am is the way God made me.
Unique.... I am one of a kind, extraordinary, without like or equal.
If you think of it that way it doesn't sound bad at all!
it's when you start using words like (Weird, Slow, Odd, and Freak) that things tend to get you down about yourself.
we always seem to focus on the negative side of things and not the positive, Why is that? (that's another blog in itself)
Yeah so there are things about me that I don't even understand sometimes (I wish I did, but I don't) but to think about those things as Unique traits in how I was made rather then putting them off as "Weird or Odd" makes it sound a whole lot better!
But what do we define "Normal" as???
The word Normal means: usual, average, and standard.
....What Average and who's Standard are we comparing ourselves to here?
If it's to God's Average and Standard, Hey! I want to be normal!!! Sign me up!
But....if it's to the World's, then I'll be weird, strange, odd, a freak!
God has made me the way I am for a reason. I may not know or understand that reason till He reveals it to me on earth or tells me why when I see Him at home.
But until that day, I am who I am because that's the way I was made and was made that way for a unique reason and purpose that "God has prepared for me, from before the foundation of the world."
So why would I want to be something different then what I am now?
I just get short sighted sometimes I guess.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home