Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Leadership

What's it mean to be a "Leader"?

What's it take to do the job of a "Leader"?

How should one "Lead"?

These are questions I've been asking myself lately...
And the answers keep coming to me slowly as the Lord reveals them by insight of His word and by friends and people I greatly respect.

Do I always implement what I'm learning ...Nope! And I'll be the first to admit that if you asked me!
but I think that is part of Leadership, the ability to learn and to be flexible (but not in what God says! only in your attitude and how you react to things that happen)
They say that Life if 10% what happens to you and 90% Your reaction to it.

So in regard to myself being a Leader...I know I'm not qualified to Lead, I'm not a great speaker as Moses would say and I'm not Bold as some would think me to be.

But.
I don't have to be! :)
heh it sounds totally out there but I can be just the way I am (but willing to change and be molded by God to be better) and I can be able to Lead.

but the whole idea of me Leading is still a new thing for me, I don't want to be the "Big man on Campus", "The One and Only", "Large and in Charge".
I've always thought of those idea's as lame! but now I think they're just stupid!

If you're the only one, who are you "leading" if you're so puffed up with yourself who's gonna want to be around you???
I'm finding that Leadership, True Leadership is nothing that it's portrayed as.
I'm finding that to Lead you must become a servant.
and in wanting to serve the people I'm trying to Lead, I don't feel like I'm in some way Lowering myself or even Lowering myself knowing that's what I'm supposed to be doing, but I want to do it for those around me! and I can't explain why, other then the fact that it's all God in what I'm doing and that's enough for me to keep on doing what I feel is right.

And if I'm doing what I should be then people will want to follow and in that I'll be Leading not by my talents or by my words but by my actions and the way I put them (others) above myself.

None of this makes sense from a worldly point of view, but it feels right to me and it lines up with God's word so that's all I need!

But Jesus called them to Himself and said, "You know that the rulers of the Gentiles lord it over them, and their great men exercise authority over them.

"It is not this way among you, but whoever wishes to become great among you shall be your servant,
and whoever wishes to be first among you shall be your slave;

just as the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life a ransom for many."

Matthew 20:25-28

Make Me a Servant Lord.
Not to be great among others.
But to make others greater by showing them You in my actions.
Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home