Undo
Sigh.
Turn me around
pick me up
undo what I've become
bring me back to the place of forgiveness and grace
I need you, I need your help
I can't do this myself
You're the only one
who can undo, what I've become.
When I stop relying on God I get SO whacked out that it hurts.
I'm going along great when I Abide in the Father, but as soon as I pull away. (cause God doesn't move, only I can move away from Him)
Things tend to get out of control, but He gently says come back to Me, and if I don't He'll eventually start tugging and that tends to hurt more but it gets my attention.
Tonight I had one of those moments when I left the Father and started to see what I could do on my own.
Didn't go so well (as always :) ) I started feeling attacked and let down, but God says He'll never let me down?
True, but that's when I'm fully in Him not when I branch out on my own (granted He's still there for me, But I can't be blessed by Him if I'm not abiding in Him fully)
So as I was having my little party (pity party that is). I was driving home, and a song by Rush of Fools came on the radio, called Undo, (above is the chorus of the song)
God spoke to me and I realized what I was doing, and He brought be back to Himself, but for the time I was on my own, that's exactly how I felt, on my own, alone.
until I let God work on my heart I was going to be alone cause I was focused on me not Him.
No one knows me better then my Creator, so He's the one that can bring me back to Himself.
Thanks be to God for His marvelous Grace!
turn me around, pick me up, undo what I've become.
God's I'm messed up! Help me please!
bring me back to the place of forgiveness and grace.
Guide me back to You.
I need you, I need your help
I can't do this myself.
I'm helpless to get myself out of the mess I've made.
You're the only one
who can undo, what I've become.
Only You can bring me back to Yourself.
Lord help me to abide in You for everything and when I move away from You, help me to realize it and turn around and repent, so You can guide me back to Yourself, so that I can be used for You.
Turn me around
pick me up
undo what I've become
bring me back to the place of forgiveness and grace
I need you, I need your help
I can't do this myself
You're the only one
who can undo, what I've become.
When I stop relying on God I get SO whacked out that it hurts.
I'm going along great when I Abide in the Father, but as soon as I pull away. (cause God doesn't move, only I can move away from Him)
Things tend to get out of control, but He gently says come back to Me, and if I don't He'll eventually start tugging and that tends to hurt more but it gets my attention.
Tonight I had one of those moments when I left the Father and started to see what I could do on my own.
Didn't go so well (as always :) ) I started feeling attacked and let down, but God says He'll never let me down?
True, but that's when I'm fully in Him not when I branch out on my own (granted He's still there for me, But I can't be blessed by Him if I'm not abiding in Him fully)
So as I was having my little party (pity party that is). I was driving home, and a song by Rush of Fools came on the radio, called Undo, (above is the chorus of the song)
God spoke to me and I realized what I was doing, and He brought be back to Himself, but for the time I was on my own, that's exactly how I felt, on my own, alone.
until I let God work on my heart I was going to be alone cause I was focused on me not Him.
No one knows me better then my Creator, so He's the one that can bring me back to Himself.
Thanks be to God for His marvelous Grace!
turn me around, pick me up, undo what I've become.
God's I'm messed up! Help me please!
bring me back to the place of forgiveness and grace.
Guide me back to You.
I need you, I need your help
I can't do this myself.
I'm helpless to get myself out of the mess I've made.
You're the only one
who can undo, what I've become.
Only You can bring me back to Yourself.
Lord help me to abide in You for everything and when I move away from You, help me to realize it and turn around and repent, so You can guide me back to Yourself, so that I can be used for You.

2 Comments:
agreed! i just posted an old poem that talks about how the world is exactly what it's supposed to be but we ("I") often don't realize it.
check it out if you want: here
Oh, Dave! I cannot tell you how often I feel exactly that way. Most often its something I feel, but don't process fully because life is soooo busy. I go through something and catch the concept of what you wrote, but I don't let it really form into words. Thanks for giving me a glimpse into my relationship with the Lord.
Post a Comment
<< Home